Underground Utility Locating
UtiliQuest consistently strives to exceed industry performance and safety standards. Many of our clients feel confident knowing that before any excavation, the locate has been performed precisely, minimizing the risk of damages. UtiliQuest executes each job, allowing the client to focus on core competencies while reducing damages to underground plant and lowering the overall cost of owning distribution facilities.
The combination of our culture focused on safety, skilled staff, Nulca accredited training, and state-of-the-art technology gives our clients confidence that each locate will be completed in accordance with customer specifications and applicable state laws.
Industry Performance — UtiliQuest completes millions of locate requests per year with a reliable accuracy rating, making us a quality name in the facility locating and damage prevention industry.
Pinpoint Technology — UtiliQuest uses satellite-based, next-generation technology, including the latest in automated wireless workforce dispatch and ticket management systems. This technology suite allows us to:
- Assure on-time completion of locates
- Certify technician presence at the job site
- Have real-time visibility to the work performed by each technician
- Review technician’s completed locates within minutes of completion on a near real-time basis
- Produce unalterable electronic documentation of all locate work performed
- Interface with all One-Call Center system
- Identify root causes of damages, and necessary training requirements
- Enhance process improvement initiatives
eSketch & Virtual Manifest
Drawing with an electronic locate manifest tool (eSketch) allows locators to record their activities at a proposed excavation site on geo-coded ortho-photography images producing the Virtual Manifest. The Virtual manifest does not replace the physical utility locate marks on the site. Rather, they precisely document those markings with: American Public Works Association (APWA) color coded lines for each facility located. It also has the ability to contain measurements from fixed environmental or geographic landmarks per each facility located, and other referencing environmental landmarks such as valves, utility poles, or transformers. The technician can mark what is needed for the proposed excavation and clearly indicating those facilities that may be within the proposed dig area. To the left is an example of the Virtual Manifest that the technician produces using eSketch.
Q Manager - Ticket Management
Q Manager is our automated work order dispatch and ticket management system. Our technicians can preview and organize their work while in the field, eliminating the need to return to the office. With its own integrated damage tracking and processing module, Q Manager enables us to provide valuable services to our nationwide client base, including collecting, analyzing and sharing operational data to help improve training and education.
- Assembles, tracks and coordinates One Call Notices with support for over 150+ different ticket formats.
- Clients can search for and view real-time ticket status and read ticket details via our password protected web site. Real-time viewing reduces costs associated with field auditing, improves project planning with contractors.
- Seamless integration with many systems including Korterra, IRTH, Newtin, Geocall, Teldig, DigTrak or your own Custom Software!
- Real time positive response to One Call Centers...including a Dual Response capability for variety of custom needs.
- Integration with many 3rdparty applications such as Certusview’s e-Sketch platform, Omnilume, FieldCheck, or your own IT Solution.
- 100+ million tickets ONLINE at any time - the largest in the industry using state of the art datacenters in the cloud. We think past 90 days that most systems can only hold online.
- We use a redundant Juniper Routed network with enhanced security. We are Sarbanes-Oxley compliant with oversight from world class external auditors.
- A highly trained and dedicated IT staff with many years of experience that is dedicated to support you 24/7/365.
- Find out more by contacting our Staff, we'd like to get to know you on a first name basis.
Q Manager Ticket Flow
Tickets received by Q Manager
Locate performs on-site locate assignment
Electronic sketch and manifest used to document locate
Positive response sent and both electronic manifest/Q Manager records are created and stored
EPR - Enhanced Positive Response
Enhanced Positive Response provides the excavator with all the information that the utility operator maintains after the locate is performed, including maps, photos, GPS time and date stamps, ortho photography of the job site, a white line that is the locators perception of the excavation area, and a copy of the dig request ticket. Mapping output can be delivered to excavation equipment to control and guide digging. This data can be provided through the 811 system or directly to the excavator. To the right is an example of the EPR link and what it includes.
PAR - Plant at Risk
The advanced software assesses, in real time, facility risk associated with each locate request based on; work type, excavator damage history, utility operator facility record data, utility locator damage history and tenure. This assessment is performed both before and after underground locate activities take place. This technology allows the utility operator and utility locator to allocate resources, as needed, based on the risk level identified.
- High Risk Excavations
- High Potential for damage excavations
- High Consequences Excavations (Schools, Malls & Government Buildings)
- Job Specific Risk Assessment
- Excavator Specific Risk Assessment
- Dashboard tracking of prevention action steps
- Reporting of prevention action effectiveness
Utility Mapping Services
UtiliQuest supports our clients to assist them in their safety initiatives, keeping their damage prevention effort at the forefront of the organization. As many of our clients know a key component for any frontline personnel to rely on is the GPS location information of that particular facility. Highly accurate geospatial and attributes are a key component to our clients and we help them gather that information with specialized technicians that focus on updating our client’s maps and records. This service has proven to support their safety program, reduce damages and protect the public.
- Survey-grade mapping of underground facilities
- Trimble mapping-grade GPS equipment
- Integrated real-time facility record updates
- Multiple formats including AutoCAD, GIS and digital files
Leak Survey Services
- Public safety
- Reducing risk
- Reducing loss
- Electronic tracking survey findings
Gas Meter Inspection
- DIMP Compliance
- Facility records verification
- Validation of service locate-ability
- Real–time notification of deficiencies
- Identification of abnormal operating conditions